Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Fitness

What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? You are fearfully and wonderfully made, and our bodies are the temples of the Holy Spirit of God. God paid a greater price for you than that unknown man paid for that baseball. And, you are not your own, therefore God hath commanded you to glorify God in your body, and in your Spirit. Psalm 139:14, I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: Your body is a carefully crafted finely tuned machine and thank God it comes with a maintenance manual. We are God’s purchased possession. We are the temple of God and it’s about time we look at some temple maintenance.
God is interested in the total person. God is a Holistic God.
God is interested in your Spirit, Soul, and your Body
With my Spirit I have Spiritual Life, I know the world above me.
With my Soul I have Psychological Life, I know the world around me.
With my Body I have Physical Life, and I’m related to the world below me.
When my Spirit is right I’m Holy, When my soul is right I’m Happy,
When my body is right I’m Healthy.
A perfectly tuned person would be Holy, Happy and Healthy.
And today many people are unholy, unhappy and unhealthy.
They’re exactly what God did not intend for us to be.
1 Thessalonians 5:23 - I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We live in a world that has the curse of SIN upon it.
We’re sick because of the curse of sin.
We’re sick because we have violated God’s natural law.
Every kick has a kickback.
Sin fascinates and then it assassinates.
Many people die just because of sin in their lives.
We’re sick because of the curse of sin.
We’re sick because we have violated God’s natural law.
We’re sick because we are afflicted by Satan.
We’re sick because of a discipline of God
Psalm 119:71, It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
Sometimes we have to be flat on our backs before we can look up, Sometimes we can only see more clearly through eyes that have been washed with tears. Many people are poisoning their bodies with nicotine. Someone asked will smoking keep you from going to Heaven. It won’t. As a matter of fact smoking will get you there a whole lot quicker. If you abuse your body, your body will rise up and smite you for it. Your body is very unforgiving. Most folk value money more than they value health, Yeah!We value things more than we value health until we lose our health.So many people spend the first half of their lives accumulating wealth by wasting their health. Then they spend the last half of their life spending their wealth trying to get their health back.
And they are unhappy in both halves of their lives.
FAMILY FITNESS IS A MATTER OF DISCIPLINE.
Lamb is killing the Jews.
Beef is killing the White Folk.
Pork is killing the Black Folk.
The Bible talks about healthy foods. Whole grains, herbs, fish, fowls, no eating of fat, no eating of blood.
FAMILY FITNESS is a Matter of DISCIPLINE
FAMILY FITNESS is a Matter of DISPOSITION
Your soul is the seat of your emotions. There are two kinds of emotions. Positive and Negative, Healthy and Unhealthy,
You can choose your thoughts like you choose your friends.
Why have you let the devil do your mind like he has done it?
Why have you let the devil put that expression on your face?
Why have you let the devil put that feeling in your heart?
Why have you let the devil give you that disposition?
Choose your attitude. To rejoice is a choice.
FAMILY FITNESS is a Matter of DEVOTION
That is, when you serve God, you will be healthier.
Church going Christians live longer and happier than those who say they don’t believe in God.” Religion is good for you health. Going to Church will make you feel better. Devotion to God is good for FAMILY FITNESS.
FAMILY FITNESS is a Matter of DECISION,
Joshua 24:15, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. It’s a matter of Decision, Your Spirit, soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of the Lord. Body in discipline, Soul in disposition, Spirit in devotion. But you have to make a choice, As for me and my house, As for me and my Family, We will serve the Lord.

1 comment:

padacs said...

Thank you so much for sharing it.
Digital Scales one can weight his body weight accurately without putting in much effort. With every passing day, technology is becoming advanced and bestowing individuals with novice things. An outcome of advanced technology is Body Fat Scales that help individuals in calculating not only their body weight but fat mass, lean mass and BMI as well

Digital Scales