Monday, April 12, 2010

Good Friday in Buffalo

Nearly One Hundred and Fifty or more of the members of Mount Olivet Baptist Church and our friends in the city joined us on a trip to Buffalo, New York on Good Friday to be with the my Pops and Mom William and Wanda Bunton and the Antioch Baptist Church 1327 Fillmore Avenue. This was so special to me in that I started in my formative years preaching here in Buffalo back in the late 1980's. This was of course the first time that I could attend with my church and boy oh boy did we have our church there. Mount Olivet is second to none in supporting their pastor. They make no bones about it; they love me and they know that Yvonne, Rishard, Rickey Jr and I love them. Ricketa and Rico love Mount Olivet dearly as well.. and would be right here with the family if they were in Rochester. Antioch cooked and served our people a wonderful hearty meal filled with so much love that you could taste it in the food. While we had been in service each morning at 5:00am for Holy Week Services it didnt stop the choir from piling onto the chartered bus and vans and cars for Buffalo. Yvonne and I are so thankful to have such a congregation! It was clear to Antioch that we came to worship just as Antioch's choir made it clear to us that they came to lift him up as well. I really enjoyed preaching the "Story of Good Friday"

No comments: