Sunday, October 25, 2009

The Caravans

One of the joys of my ministry has been the opportunity to know the Famous "Caravans" who paved the way for so many gospel singers. I have a picture with Cassietta George of the Caravans who pinned the tune, "Walk Around Heaven"... I actually booked her last couple of programs and traveled extensively with her... Of course that was before the day of digital cameras but I did manage to get some footage with her. Blessings be upon the lives of the living Caravans who continue to carry the message of Jesus in song... Albertina Walker, Dorothy Norwood, Inez Andrews, Delores Washington, and Shirley Caesar... Mount Olivet has hosted already, Dorothy and Inez.... I hear a ringing for Shirley Caesar.......

1 comment:

Rev. Barney said...

I wish I could have been there! God has used those sistes to help keep me anchored, get me back on track and cry a many day's sorrow away. You have been blessed to be in the company of greatness